Petro-Canada’s LUMINOL family of electrical insulating fluids represents a breakthrough in electrical insulating fluids technology. Unlike naphthenic mineral oils, LUMINOL uses Petro-Canada’s ultra-pure severely hydrotreated iso-paraffin base fluids to help minimize power loss and maximize productivity. These fluids contain no corrosive sulphur that may lead to transformer breakdown.
LUMINOL delivers worry-free, corrosive sulphur free performance.
- Outstanding oxidation stability to help extend the service life of circuit breakers and LTCs
- Excellent heat transfer capability to help enhance transformer performance
- High dielectric impulse strength to improve performance in the presence of overvoltage Conditions
- Low power-factor (dielectric loss) to reduce thermal runaway under conditions of high electric stress
- Low gassing to reduce the risk of failure from hydrogen gas bubbles
- Full compatibility with existing naphthenic insulating oils, which enhances the performance of the combined fluids
- LUMINOL LS contains no corrosive sulphur
- LUMINOL TR and TRi are colourless.
LUMINOL TR meets International Electro technical Commission, IEC 60296 General specifications for trace inhibited transformer oil.
LUMINOL TRi meets IEC 60296 General specifications for inhibited transformer oil.
LUMINOL TR and TRi meet or exceed IEC 60296 Section 7.1 Specific requirements for special applications – Higher oxidation stability and low sulphur content.
LUMINOL TR and TRi pass the standard corrosive sulphur tests DIN 51353, IEC 62535 and ASTM D1275B without the use of copper passivators.
LUMINOL TR and TRi meet or exceed the performance requirements of BS-148 (Class IIA – Inhibited), CSA C50 (Class A and B), ASTM D3487 standards and DOBLE TOPS specifications.
LUMINOL LS meet or exceed the performance requirements of CSA C50 (Class A and B), ASTM D3487 standards.
LUMINOL TR and LUMINOL TRi are ideal for use in large power and distribution transformers operating at peak capacity as well as free breathing units, pad mount, and pole mount transformers.
LUMINOL LS is designed for Type II applications